Wednesday 5 June 2013

May 2013 faves


For the past couple of months I've been trying to change my skincare regimen and as a result I seem to break out really rarely and I feel my skin is in pretty decent condition now.
For my face I've been loving two eye creams: Korres Wild Rose Eye Cream as my day cream (contains SPF15) and Clinique Repairwear Laser Focus as my night cream. Both are highly moisturising without being greasy.
I remove my make-up using my Bioderma Sensibio micellar solution and tone my skin with The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Toner.
On sunny days I use Biore UV Aqua Rich sunscreen, which is non-greasy and performs almost like a primer under make-up.
For my body I've been using Dove Summer Glow self-tanning body lotion which changes my skin tone from stark white into something more pleasant to the eye. So as not to overdo with self-tanner I use this intermittently with Scottish Fine Soaps  Oatmeal Body Butter which is absolutely gorgeous! It's huge, goes on soo smoothly and smells like one of my Givenchy perfumes.

Makeupwise I rediscovered my Garnier BB Cream for oily/combination skin and I was using it on less formal occassions, and continued to use my Covergirl Outlast 3in1 foundation (as you can see there's less than half left, which proves my great love for this product)
 I used a number of concealers, but the one I reached for most often was the Nars Radiant Creamy concealer. It's so pigmented that you don't need to pack on a lot of this to do the job.
I enjoyed powdering my face with my Chanel Les Beiges powder.
For my cheeks I preferred the new Estee Lauder Pure Color Cheek Blush.




On my eyes I often applied Sephora Jumbo pencils in Taupe (as a base) and Marine (as an eyeliner),
Clarins single eyeshadow in Taupe (combined with a variety of other shadows), turquoise and blue Rimmel Scandaleyes khol pencils over the turquoise blue eyeshadow fron Chanel Fascination eyeshadow quad. I also enjoyed using Benefit cream eyeshadow in bikini-tini as an eyeshadow base or as an inner corner highlight. Covergirl Clump Crusher won my heart as the most smudgeproof mascara I've ever had and Etude House Drawing brow pencil makes my brows look almost perfect.


And finally: lips. My lipsticks represented my need of colour in this beautiful spring month. The most loved lip products were the iconic Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Mademoiselle, Jelly Pong Pong Lip Blush (I can't figure out which shade) and the beautiful orange chanel Rouge Coco Shine Lipstick in Sari d'eau.

No comments:

Post a Comment