Friday 7 June 2013

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Light #210 review

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Light #210

I've been recently displaying increased interest in concealers, which have never been my pair of shoes. 
I don't have typical dark circles, but there's this reddish blue cast of my undereye skin which is more visible when I wear purple or brown eyeshadows and which I wish to brighten.
I expect very little, yet so much, from my concealer. My concealer is meant to brighten my undereye area without drying my skin there. I don't like setting concealers with powder cause this accentuates wrinkles and I expect them not to smudge my bottom lash mascara. I hardly ever use concealers on blemishes cause I don't get these very often. 

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Light #210

When searching for my holy grail concealer I came across Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless eye Concealer, which seemed to be made just for me. And it actually turned out to be one of my favourite concealers of all times.
This concealer comes in a pot and it is combined with an Olay eye cream (Isuppose). When it arrived it looked scary dark even though I'd picked the second lightest shade. Fortunately when swatched and applied it turns out to be way lighter and the colour match is just perfect. The shade is neither too pink not yellow, I'd describe it as light peachy beige. The cream blends in very well without producing any streaks etc. and it's not too greasy either. The whole thing dries to a kind of satin finish which performs well without the need to powder it.
As with all concealers in my case preparation and moderation are the keys to success. I always moisturise my undereye before concealer application and pat just a tiny bit with my ring finger, then I add a bit more if such need arises but I try not to overload concealer cause this will never look good on anyone.
This concealer doesn't tend to crease or make my mascara smear. 
The jar is huge and I don't think I'll ever be able to use this much up.

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Light #210

This leads me to the couple of disadvantages this concealer does have.
First of all, the packaging is not hygenic and I suppose it'll influence the drying process adversely.
Secondly, if I don't prep my undereye really well, this does get dry during the day. My favourite eye cream for these purposes is Clinique Laserwear Eye. 
Thirdly, the pigmentation is not the highest in history. It suits me fine, but I think those of you who are looking for a full-coverage concealer would like to know.

I consider these flaws to be minor and nothing that can't be overcome. I like this concealer very much and use it frequently.

Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Eye Concealer in Light #210

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment