Before I go on to carry out the unboxing proper, I'd like to mention the fact that I found a golden ticket in my Memebox Special #58 Beauty 911! The ticket is a collectors item rather than an object of any value. Looks exactly like the one which invited kids to visit Willy Wonka's factory. The prize, however, is nowhere near as exciting. The $3 discount it offers is much less than standard savings you can get when using countless coupons you can find everywhere. What's more, there's nothing to buy on Memebox website. No new boxes are being released at the moment and the company is obviously undergoing a process of prolonged agony. Perhaps they'll release one more global box I could spend all my points on, though I honestly doubt it.
The box can hardly be called exciting, but it's not terrible either. It might actually be fairly satisfactory for those of who, unlike me, haven't bought piles of boxes and don't have tons of similar items in stock. This box fits in with the 911 theme surprisingly well, but to be honest I expected more fancy skincare items.
1. Yadah Anti-T Spot Cream can definitely be classified as a 911 kind of product. It promises to diminish red spots and make complexion cleaner and clearer.
2. Neogen Miracle Lighting Eye Lifter is an eye serum that comes with a roller ball applicator. It promises to constrict blood vessels and reduce black circles with the help of adenosine, niacinamide and hyaluronic acid. It's active ingredients stimulate collagen production and reduce fine lines. It is recommended for all undereye problems like bags, circles, wrinkles, sagging lids etc.
3. Mise en Scene Perfect Repair is the most unwanted product in the box. Not only is it a return product from a couple of boxes ago but it also is a hair serum and I happen not to be a fan of Korean haircare. This is a hair oil which promises to make damaged hair more shiny.
4. Cheek Room Lip Balm #05 Cherry Clover isn't something I need, but I find the packaging and the clover in the centre very pretty. This contains olive oil, jojoba oil and shea butter which help keed lips nourished and well protected.
5. Vella Blind Sun Stock Protector SPF 50+ is again not the most exciting product as I've received a ton of Korean sunscreens lately, but I quite like the packaging which looks like a deodorant.
6. Shara Shara Bee Tox Toner is the only typical skincare item in the box. It's a spray mist that contains bee venom, propolis and tea tree oil to soothe blemishes and control sebum production. Seems all right, but I would prefer some decent moisturiser.