Thursday 22 January 2015

Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour powder No.02 review & swatches


This review is loooong overdue as I bought my Les Beiges Healthy Glow Multi-Colour powder such a long while ago, not long after purchasing the original Les Beige powder and before getting bitterly disappointed with the latter. 
At first it seemed a kind of a 'meh' product for me and went to the bottom of the drawer, but now, after incidentally coming across it when searching for something else, I feel I'm falling in love with this contour trio.


The product comes in the same off-white compact as the original Les Beiges powder with a full-size mirror and a good-for-nothing brush located most inconveniently on a removable plastic tray which covers the powder itself. They're obviously meant to be discarded straightaway, but I don't quite understand the point of having such a gimmick in a classy compact like this.


There are two variations of this product, one is a combination of a highlighter, a bronzer and a blush, but the one I picked ( No.2) may be described as a contour palette as it consists of a highlighter, a bronzer and a contour shade. These can be swirled together for an overall glow, but can also be applied separately, with a smaller brush, to serve different purposes. 


When swirled together with a large kabuki brush (my all time favourite is the one by ELF) the powder serves as a warm toned, subtle bronzer which adds nice glow to the complexion.
The highlight colour is a fair ivory shade with some shimmer to it, which creates some glow, but no obvious sheen on the face.  Looks good as an element of day make-up, but there's certainly nothing life-changing about it.
The bronzer shade is the kind I normally try to avoid. It displays a kind of mustard-toned warmth which I don't find flattering at all, but somehow, probably because the powder is rather sheer, this weird tone managed to blend in and offer my skin a very nice, naturally warm, slightly sunkissed look. 
The contour shade is a matte taupey reddish brown which I like to use when shaping my face. 


All the powders are sheer and finelly milled, which makes them blend well with my fair reddish skin tone, but I suppose they wouldn't do much to a deeper skin tone. They offer a sophisticated finish which is never over the top. The bronzing powders are matte, but there's a certain healthy glow, a kind of silkiness to them. The product is not powdery, the brush picks a minimum amount of product which means you can have more control over the appplication, you use less product and there's less chance of getting cakey face. 
So far I haven't noticed the issue I had with the original Les Beiges powder which was a crust forming on the surface of the powder. 
And there's this gorgeous scent that Chanel powders are consistent with and which attracts me to their products like a bee!

I've been using this powder daily for the past couple of weeks and I seem to have fallen in love with it! Better late than never, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment