This is quite strange. I don't follow the history of Memebox, but when I got a Birthday Box in back July, I was absolutely sure that was under the impression that the box was released to celebrate the 1st birthday of the store. Now I'm a bit confused as I'm holding in my hands the 1st Anniversary box. This box generally failed to excite me with one exception of one of the most amazing finds of the year.
I'll start from the least appreciated item.
1. RiRe hot Speed Manicure is a leave on hair mask that promises to penetrate hair cuticle to create a protein layer for moisture balance of my hair. Can be used on wet or dry hair. This comes in travel size. I don't like Korean hair product and I won't say I'm satisfied.
RiRe Cool Dr. Scalp+ is a product I don't understand the idea of. You massage this onto your scalp, leave it on and it's supposed to cool my scalp and remove dead skin cells and impurities. Isn't it better and more hygenic to just wash your hair if such need arises?
2. RiRe Capsule Mask Pack is actually a very nice mask pack in spray-on, leave-on form. I find it much more moisturising than other face mists I've used. It contains a mix of adenosine, niacinamide, cherry blossom, evening primrose and fiolet extracts. I prefer to use it as part of my night time routine as it makes my oily skin a bit too glowy.
3. Tosowoong Bee AC Control Lotion did stir some interest in me as I like everything bee-related. This product is recommended for anyone with sensitive, problematic skin that suffers from damage due to dryness and environmental reasons. The lotion is very nice, but I prefer it before bedtime as it's not mattifying enough.
4. A.H.C. Whitening Cream SPF35 PA++is a 4-in-1 kind of product which contains everything a woman could need. It combines moisturising, sun protection, brightening and colour correction (is it tinted? I haven't opened this yet). This is packed with all kinds of goodness like vitamin blend, niacinamide, hyaluronic acid, lemon, kakadu plaum, kamu kamu berry (???) and betaine (betaine is soap isn't it?). It promises to create dewy, translucent complexion, a signature look of Korean women and this is what I fear most cause I associate it with well balmed dead bodies. But my curiosity will definitely make me open this package in the spring when any sun shows up.
And finally the weirdest and at the same time one of the best foundations I've ever used.
5. Unni Recipe Makes Your Skin Smooth Firming Pact SPF25 PA ++ #21 Light Beige is referred to as cusion but it isn't a cushion at all. It is a cream to powder foundation that makes my skin silky smooth and offers the glowy matte finish I'm after. It's not full coverage by any means, but manages to make my skin look so natural and nice.