Wednesday 14 January 2015

Gosh Velvet Touch Lipliner in Antique Rose, Nougat Crisp and Cardinal Red review & swatches


I've recently reviewed my new drugstore lipliner discoveries from Revlon here and today I'd like to continue with the same theme and rave for a moment about other excellent low-budget finds from the drugstore. 
I've taken advantage of a 40% off all Gosh offer and brought home 3 new pencil lipliners.Their regular price is about $9 but I managed to grab them for about $5. 

L to R: Antique Rose, Cardinal Red, Nougat Crisp

I must say that I'm amazed at their quality to price ratio. They are pro-looking pencils which are very soft and creamy when applied but they instantly set to a budge-proof finish. 
Compared to Revlon ColorStay lip liners the advantage of these is that there's a wider shade range and they go on more smoothly, but they need to be sharpened. I actually do prefer traditional pencils, they also suit my purposes better as it's easier to fill the entire lips with these than with a pointed tip of a twist-up liner. 

L to R: Antique Rose, Nougat Crisp, Cardinal Red

I picked 3 shades but there are at least 4 more to choose from which I'm also going to grab, just waiting for another 40% off offer.
Antique Rose rose is a dusty mauvey rose nude which matches a number of mauve pinks in my collection. 
Nougat Crisp is a peachy caramel nude that works well with a wide variety of nudes.
Cardinal Red, which is a dusty, dark but not vampy, cool-toned red, is my absolute favourite, especially when worn under Too Faced Melted Lipstick in Ruby. I don't have a large collection of lip liners, but this shade seems very unique to me.

These are comparable to MAC Pro Longwear lipliners, but cost a fraction of the price, so if there's a Gosh counter nereby, go and grab some of these, you won't regret it!


No comments:

Post a Comment