Saturday 8 March 2014

Bourjois Color boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks in Plum Russian and Red Island review & swatches



Bourjois Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks are relatively new additions to my twist-up lip crayon collection. They didn't attract my attention at first as they seemed very sheer, but then a couple of new shades were added to the line that seemed right up my alley, so I picked them up.


My first choice was Plum Russian #06 which seemed to suit my autumn/winter taste for darker lip colours and wine shades. This shade proved to be my perfect go-to lip product or the one I used on the go for touch-ups as this stick can be used like a lip balm, without the need to look in the mirror.


The colour is pretty dark plum-burgundy shade that is on the sheer side which makes it very wearable during the day, but it can also be built up for more intensity. This lipsticks feels lightweight on my lips and offers incredibly glossy finish. It's quite similar to Revlon Lip Butters and Soap&Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Sticks in terms of shine and moisture.
The thing is that the colour applies very patchily and accentuates all dry areas on my lips which aren't that chappy at all. Pity, cause the shade is so nice. 



The second shade I chose is Red Island, which is much more pigmented than Plum Russian and also applies way more evenly, but it's just as glossy and moisturising. The shade is a tomato red shade, intense and bright, not too orange or blue-toned. I feel it's a perfect shade for spring.


I would be deeply in love with these crayons, Red Island more than Plum Russian if it wasn't for a tiny, yet troublesome, issue I have with them. Like some other lipsticks and glosses, especially drugstore ones, these contain some kind of essential oils that settle on my dry and sensitive teacher's throat and simply make me cough. It's not so serious as long as I breathe through the nose, but once I start to speak, I literally choke. This might be entirely my issue, but it's irritating enough for me to reach for other products instead of those that bother me in any way.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment