Friday 14 March 2014

Clinique Cheek Pop blush in #04 Plum Pop review

Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop

In spite of many enthusiastic reviews Clinique Cheek Pop blushes have recently received, they have failed to raise my interest mainly due to their tacky plastic packaging that reminds me of  the cheapest brands on the market like Essence and Catrice. And the daisy embossing that many people found so cute doesn't help much. 
However, during my recent visit to Sephora when I was trying to appease my worries (post hospital experience) and pamper myself with something special, I incidentally passed by the four of them and thought it would do no harm to see what they're like and, as you can see one of them returned home with me and my thoughts keep circling around at least one more of these.

Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop

Clinique Cheek Pop blushes turned out to be some the best cheek products I've seen in my life. Although the shade range is limited to four and the packaging is not what I fancy, the product inside is just amazing. The one I've chosen is called Plum Pop (#04), which is a bubblegum pink, very cool toned, and why it's called plum I do not know. It's pigmented, but at the same time impossible to go overboard with. It blends like a dream, you can build it up or sheer it out according to your preferences. There's the most beautiful sheen to this blush, nothing shimmery or glittery, but a stunning kind of glow.
The texture of this blush is hard, which usually means that you need to dig into the product to get it on the brush. Not in this case. Any kind of brush that I own picks the right amount of product and distributes it nicely, and what's more the daisy remains just as it were when I bought it.

It's hard to describe what makes this blush so different, but believe me, it is.
I haven't been able to figure out whether these are a limited edition. If they aren't, I'll definitely be getting more of these successively.

Clinique Cheek Pop Blush in Plum Pop
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment