Saturday 1 March 2014

Clinique Chubby stick shadow Tint for Eyes in Lavish Lilac review & swatches


Lavish Lilac is the one and only Clinique Chubby Stick for eyes and I think it'll remain the sole product from the line. 
Let me start with the good. 
I absolutely love this shade. It's a very unique lilac shade with a very strong gray or silver undertone and soft shimmer. This shade is gorgeous on its own and also pairs well with all kinds of browns, taupes, grays, blacks, plums and purples. I love to use it as an eyeshadow base to wear under my taupe shadows as it helps bring out the purple tones out of them.

I also love the twist-up crayon form with the silver cap and bottom. The packaging is both practical and good looking.


So now on to the bad.
First of all this product is on the sheet side. What you can see below is a very heavy swatch consisting of a good couple of coats. It takes time to build the product up to achieve some better colour payoff.

Another problem is that this product is fairly dry and I find that applying it directly onto my lids results in too much pulling and dragging. My way to apply this is to warm it up on my finger and then pat onto the lid. 

This product never sets completely. It's not as bad as NYX Jumbo pencils, but it's not entirely smugde and budgeproof, especially on oily lids, and that's why I prefer it as a base to be set with powder eyeshadows. 

All in all I like this Chubby Stick for its unique shade, but there are way better cream eyeshadows out there so I definitely won't explore the range any further.
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment