Wednesday 5 March 2014

Michael Kors Bronze Powder in Flush review & swatches

Michel Kors Bronze Powder in Flush

At the beginning of this year I took advantage of the winter sales and ordered a couple of things by brands I felt like experimenting with.
My eyes fell on a line of bronzers by Michael Kors who had just debuted with his make-up range.
The idea behind his make-up is creating three different lines: Sporty, Sexy and Glam, each of them consisting of a lipstick, a gloss, a bronzer, two nail polishes and a perfume that complement one another. 

My pick was the Bronze Powder in Flush from the Sexy line. 

Michel Kors Bronze Powder in Flush

The product comes in the most gorgeous packaging ever.  First of all I need to say it's huge! It barely fits in the palm of my hand! The sweetness of this gold compact is broken by the design of the lid with bolts in the corners and the logo embossed in a way resembling a name plaque on a CEO's door (or a tombstone, whichever association seems stronger to you).
The compact opens up to reveal a huge bronzer with the brand name in the centre and a lovely, good quality full-size mirror. At first, there was also some scent to the product, which is now barely perceptible.
Michel Kors Bronze Powder in Flush

To be honest, this product can hardly be called a bronzer. I treat it as an ingenious 3-in-1 cheek product as it combines the tan of a bronzer, the rosiness of a blush and a sheen of a highlighter. 
I tend to reach for it in the morning hurry, when I don't have time to sculpt my face properly. Used with a large fluffy brush, this bronzer gives my face the shape, colour and glow I need in just a matter of seconds.

Michel Kors Bronze Powder in Flush

As far as colour is concerned, I would describe it as rosy brown/beige with lovely sheen (but not shimmer or glitter) and good pigmentation. It fits somewhere within the same area of neutral-toned blushes as Benefit Rockateur or Chanel Accent or even Becca Shimmering Perfector in Rose Gold. 
I find this bronzer too rosy and too glowy to use all over the face, so I stick to it as one of the easiest go-to cheek products in my collection. It's foolproof in use and almost impossible to go overboard with, therefore a real godsend when in a hurry.

And one final comment for the Polish readers, if you're interested in this product, don't buy it from one of the biggest retailers beginning with the letter D. Subscribe to escentual.com and you'll get a variety of discount offers up to 25% off that will render high-end products surprisingly more affordable.  This bronzer in Poland costs approximately  £46, regular price on escentual.com is £34 and I paid £27.20. The figures speak for themselves, don't they?

Michel Kors Bronze Powder in Flush
 Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment