Monday 17 March 2014

Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me review



I read so many enthusiastic reviews of Maybelline Baby Lips that when they finally entered the Polish market about a year later, I picked one that seemed to be the most pigmented and red (others were green or white).


Many reviewers compared these to Revlon lip butters, so I was made to believe this was a similar product. I was quite surprised, however, to find my Baby Lips not on regular Maybelline display, but in a corner with lip balms. And, it turns out, Baby Lips is just a lip balm, not a moisturising lipstick.


I really don't understand what the hype is about. Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me is a lightweight lip balm in a stick form that has a slight tint that doesn't really translate into lip colour. I mean, it's not bad, it moisturises my lips, feels light and smells nice, but so do similar products by Nivea, Neutrogena, Carmex, less renowned Polish brands, drugstore own brands etc. There's also nothing really spectacular about Baby Lips that would make it stand out among its competitors. I'm sure I'll use it up as I like having something on my lips all the time, so I wear it at home. But I'm sure this product will not stay in my memory as something that improved my lip condition substantially. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment