Friday 28 March 2014

Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear polish in #140 Rockstar Pink review & swatches






I wear nail polish on daily basis and am a proud owner of an extensive nailpolish collection, but only 5 or 6 of those polishes are glitters. I hardly ever wear them, they just don't call my fancy, I hate removing them and so on. But it happens from time to time that I simply cannot resist getting one.

I wasn't planning on getting any polish at all, just wondering down the aisle when my eyes fell on Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear polish in #140 Rockstar Pink and I was mesmerised. I just couldn't leave the shop without it!


Rockstar Pink is packed with tiny multicolour glitter particles. The dominant tone is purple, but there's also pink and blue and turquoise and red and green and gold and silver and probably something else as well. This is by far the most opaque glitter I've ever seen. On my nail swatches below you can see one coat and I've never worn this polish over no base varnish but I'm most certain that with two coats it would be fully opaque and could be worn on its own. What I also love about it is that it looks great both reflecting night lights and during a dull gray day, which doesn't happen often with glitters. 
A top coat is essential as it adds shine and makes the drying process faster.
I tend to use this polish to refresh my faded and chipping 3-4 days old nails and it prolongs my polish weat time to over a week.
Here it is over Calvin Klein Caught Red Handed: 
And here over China Glaze Don't Make me Wine



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment