Saturday 22 March 2014

Karmajeu Natural Konjac Sponge review



When I saw a konjac sponge in my Glossybox I literally jumped with joy. I'd been thinking of getting one from Korea or China and before I managed to make up my mind it arrived at my doorstep.

If you're unfamiliar with what a Konjac sponge is, read the information leaflet below as it seems to list all important facts about the product.

When the sponge arrived it was very dry and hard so it needed to be soaked in water for some 3 minutes to turn spongey and relatively soft, however, it does return to this state of pumice-like dryness each time I stop using it for a couple of days.

I'm not sure what to think about this sponge, actually.
Although I know it's made entirely of natural fibres, it kind of feels against my skin like an anti-cellulite massage sponge wrapped in a plastic bag.  
I always use it in combination with a cleanser and it obviously does cleanse my skin well, just like the cleanser alone would. It's true this sponge massages the skin, but to be honest I haven't noticed any improvement in my skin's condition. I don't think my skin is tightened or exfoliated or less red. 

I also have doubts about how hygenic this is. I'm not talking about using a larger-sized product as your bath sponge, but about using it on my face for three months solid, even if I sanitize it weekly with boiling water. I use this sponge to remove my make-up before going to bed, which means it gets all messy from contact with my foundation and eye make-up. No matter how much I was it after each use, the sponge has changed its colour after about a week and has remained looking quite gross ever since. 

Together with this sponge I received a discount coupon, entitling me to one complimentary sponge if I bought three and in my initial excitement I fully intended to realise it, but now I think I could do without the sponge just as well and I don't think I will ever purchase the sponge with my own funds.


EDIT: Just after writing this review, within a month of starting to use this product on non-daily basis the outer layer cracked in the middle, revealing the insides. It landed in the bin, leaving me feeling disappointed and happy I didn't order any more of these.



No comments:

Post a Comment