Saturday 1 March 2014

Favourites of February 2014


February was a peculiar month in my life. Due to a number of circumstances I was absent from work for most of the month. That's why I went for less long-lasting make-up as I wore it mostly to pick the kids from school.

So let me start with my base products:
1. Guerlain Tenue De Perfection is currently my favourite high-coverage, long-lasting foundation which I used on those days I had to leave my lair and see some civilised people.
2. Encouraged by countless enthusiastic reviews of L'Oreal True Match Foundation I picked one for myself and I really like it. It may not be as long-lasting as the Guerlain one, but the finish is lovely.
3. On many days I used Bourjois 123 CC cream instead of my morning moisturiser which was a quick and effective way of making myself presentable in the morning while dragging Mikolaj to school.
4. Bourjois CC eye cream was a good match for the CC cream. Neutralized all redness under my eyes.
Winter months usually mean more dryness under my eyes so I tended to reach for the most emolient concealers in my stash like Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer (5.) and Benefit Fake-up (6).

Last year I discovered the art of contouring and I added it to my everyday routine. In February I most often reached for 
7. Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow to line the hollows of my cheeks. This product is simply indispensible. I don't know why it took me so long to get it.
8. Guerlain Four Seasons Bronzer in #00 Nude contains 3 shades of bronzer and a blush that can be used individually or swirled together. This is a lovely all-over bronzer for fair skin tones. It's very sheer, but adds the most beautiful healthy glow to my skin.
9. Gosh blush in Flower Power is a lovely matte pink blush that is neither too sheer nor too pigmented. Easy to apply, just slap on the face and go. Pefect for the morning rush.
10. Flormar Terracota Blush-on worked as a very subtle highlighter that can be safely worn during the day without going over board.

My eye make-up consisted mostly of nudes from my newly acquired
11. Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I don't pay much attention to the left side of the palette, but the right one is awesome!
12. L'Oreal False Lash Wings mascara (that one goes under different names in every country like Butterfly Flutter or Voluminous Butterfly etc.) is a great surprise for me. This mascara gives me the most beautiful lashes ever! And so far I haven't noticed any smudging or racoon eyes.
13. Benefit Gimme Brow is another quick fix product. It's effortless and it gives me lovely natural brows in a matter of seconds.
I found that a pop of colour when using nude eyeshadows does my eyes a world of good, especially something blue. That's where Stila Smudge Pot in Cobalt (14.) comes in handy.

And finally, the lips. I indulged in the pleasure of using less long-lasting products and reapplying them whenever needed. That's why glosses are my most reached for lip products.
15. NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss in African Queen is still my favourite.
16. Chanel Glossimer in Savage Grace has been my favourite since my autumn and I don't feel my love for it subsides. It's such a lovely glittery blackcurrant shade I simply can't resist it!
17. I've been also reaching for an oldie but goodie of mine, Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait de Gloss in Emoi which is a lovely everyday powdery pinkish-reddish shade.



No comments:

Post a Comment