Monday 7 July 2014

Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie Best in Sass lips set review


I'd heard a lot about Bare Minerals lip products, yet the variety of these available in Poland is quite limited, and they're pretty expensive, so I never got round to getting any of these. Not until I saw one of them on feelunique website on sale for £5.
The packaging is quite misleading cause the lipstick looks way bigger, compared to what it is like in reality, but for £5 for 3 branded products you really can't go wrong.

So, the Bare Minerals Best in Sass set consists of a mini lipstick and a full-size double-ended lip gloss. All three come from the neutral territory I have recently been strangely attracted to.  


The Marvelous Moxie mini lipstick in the shade Make Your Move is a lovely nude shade. It's a perfect MLBB shade for me. It's not too pale and it has some rosy-mauve undertones so it doesn't wash me out or look like I bought this thing back in the 90s.
The lipstick is very creamy and although I can't see any shimmer on the bullet, it looks kind of frosty on my lips. I suppose it's due to the creamy finish rather than to any particles embedded in it.
This shade is so similar to my natural lip shade that I hardly notice any signs of wear apart from one, not very nice thing, which is white residue sitting on the inner edge of my lips. Another thing is that, while this lipstick feels very creamy at first, as time goes by it makes my lips look dry. 
There's no discernible scent nor smell tp the product.


The Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie double ended lip gloss contains two shades: Spark Plug and Rule Breaker. They come in traditional lip gloss tubes with a slightly bent sponge applicator that distributes the product well.  


Spark Plug is very similar in shade to the lipstick above, it's a rose-mauve nude with pearly shimmer. 
Rule Breaker is difficult to describe, I see it as a kind of rose gold or rose champagne with lots of shimmer.
Spark Plug is more opaque and can be worn alone for some nudy colour. Rule Breaker is more sheer, but offers a bit more shine that gives this mirror-like effect on the lips. Both of them are very very glossy, but Rule Breaker is even more so. 
They don't feel sticky or gloopy on my lips and both have the characteristic minty scent anf both offer a tangling and cooling sensation on the lips. The formula of these is in my opinion almost identical to Urban Decay Lip Junkie glosses. The same scent, cooling effect and mirror shine. The UD ones also taste like tic tacs, while the BM glosses have no taste at all. 


Overall, I couldn't be happier with this £5 purchase. Not only is this a good value set in terms of  how many products you get, but also their quality is highly satisfactory and shades perfectly wearable. I reach for this combo on everyday occassions, when I don't want to look too made-up or attract too much attention to myself.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment