Monday 21 July 2014

Bourjois 1 Seconde gel nail polish in #10 Rouge Poppy and #23 In the Navy review & swatches



Here comes my favourite pair of Bourjois 1 Seconde gel polishes which I have already proclaimed the best polishes I've ever tried.
I'm not going to rave again about the wide brush, the opaque and streakless formula, the fast drying time, the gloss and the wear time. You can read about the other two here, the quality of these seems to be consistent within the range, so my previous review is fully applicable here. Now I'll only focus on the gorgeous shades themselves.


#10 Rouge Poppy is exactly what the name implies, a poppy red colour. It's a vibrant, warm-toned red that in some lighting conditions looks almost orange. This is a shade that I should theoretically stray away from, but somehow it looks very pretty even on my cool-toned skin. It's screams summer to me!


#23 In the Navy is the shade I bought with one purpose in mind, to make a statement nail for a kind of summer on the riviera kind of look and it serves the purpose perfectly. It's such a great shade that I can see myself wearing it in the autumn on all my nails. 
This time I don't quite agree with the name. It is a dark blue shade, but it seems to me a bit too vibrant and too blue to be placed within the muted and blackened shades of the navy family. To me it looks more like a dark cobalt or azure shade. Very, very pretty!





Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments: