Friday 18 July 2014

project empties #16



A lot of empties this time. Let's begin with skin and hair care. 
Well Pro Series Volume hairspray did nothing to my hair. No hold, no volume. I couldn't care less for this product, really.
Garnier micellar water is my absolute favourite in the category. It's huge and efficient. I've already repurchased.
The Body Shop shower gel in Blueberry was mine and my family's favourite. Repurchased in peach scent yesterday during the 50% off sale. 
Mitchell and Peach body lotion was too runny and hardly moisturising at all. I didn't enjoy the herbal scent either.
St Tropez mousse is my favourite self-tanner. It gives this lovely olive streak-free tan that looks natural even on absolutely white skin, such as mine.
Siquens face cream for oily skin was a nice moisturiser, but did nothing to mattify or at least balance my skin.
Emu Oil Heel Balm was a lovely moisturiser for my feet, kept them smooth and soft. 
Caudalie Vinosource eye cream didn't make my wrinkles disappear, but at least kept my eye area well moisturised. 


Now on to make-up empties:
Diorskin Natural Glow Sculpting Powder has been receiving so much love recently that it's got shattered into pieces. I tried to fix the damage, quite unsuccessfully. It was a beautiful powder foundation, a bit too light for my complexion sometimes,but possible to adjust by swirling all colours together. And I also loved to use the highlighter on my brow bone. This compact will definitely be sadly missed.
I've used up my Covergirl Outlast foundation which was an amazing drugstore find. For little money I got a fabulous foundation for oily skin.
I also reached the bottom of my Bourjois Happy Light matte primer, which was one of the best primers I've ever used. Not too dry, but successfully matifying. 
Both bottles are decapitated as I've found a new use for both pumps. They matched my Estee Lauder Double Wear and Nars Sheer Glow foundation bottles!
Seche Vite Top Coat was a repurchase and I believe they've changed the formula for the better. I noticed no shrinking polish, no drying of the product, no chipping. This is definitely my favourite top coat now, I wish it was widely available and I didn't have to order it on line.
The other nail product I've used was Eveline (Polish brand) base coat, which is cheap and effective at keeping my nails in shape. Will definitely repurchase.
Covergirl Clump Crusher mascara  was a nice one, but didn't quite live up to the hype. It left my lashes separated and clump-free, but I didn't get enough volume.

And finally two products I came across in my stash during my spring clean and decided to get rid of. The Jelly Pong Pong and Maybelline Master Smoky liners were both hard and difficult to apply. I didn't care for them at all and considered them unworthy of occupying space in my drawer.

4 comments:

  1. Have you tried mavala quick drying top coat? In my opinion it is the best top coat ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't! I'll try to get one, though I feel it might be difficult as my favourite British no longer ship nail polishes and aerosols due to shipping restrictions. I'll check some local retailers or e-bay.

      Delete
  2. Wow! You manage to finish up so many products :)
    I've been lusting after those Master Smoky Liners but I'll skip them now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, stay away from these. This product was horrible. I got it during a sale and I thought I was making a great deal, but it turned out to be a waste of money!

      Delete