Friday 25 July 2014

BRAND NEW from The Body Shop: Wild Argan Oil Body Butter review



This review is going to be slightly different. First of all it's because I've had the pleasure to test a brand new product that isn't available yet. Secondly, it's a competition entry and for the first time i'm going to ask my readers for help and vote for my review. I don't think I stand any chances of winning and I don't quite understand what those who picked me to be one of the Wild Argan Oil Body Butter testers had in mind because I don't think a small blog, written in English is going to generate thousands of potential Polish shoppers.

I'm  writing this review just after a couple of days of using the product and at first I was intending to give it a good go before passing the verdict, but there's time pressure and also by publishing the review on the last day of the competition I would give myself virtually no chances of gaining any votes. Some reviewers posted their review the day they got the product...

Nonetheless I'm more than excited about the opportunity to test a completely new product by one of my favourite brands, so if you like the review, click here hand vote for Anna Ladymoonlight (page4), please.

Now on to the proper review.

When I learned about the fact that I was going to review a brand new product by The Body Shop I felt proud and enthusiastic. Then my emotions subsided and I started wondering what I would do if I didn't like the butter. Unnecessarily. This is a beautiful product.
On the one hand we can say we've seen it all before. The product comes in the standard simple plastic tub like other butters do, it has the same consistency that is thick at first but melts upon contact with the warmth of the skin. It boasts a number of high quality natural ingredients like ethically obtained shea butter, cocoa seed butter, babassu oil, and, obviously, argan oil as well. But the scent! The scent is overpowering and addictive. Once you sniff it you can't stop. I'm uncertain whether this is what argan oil smells like as every single product containing argan oil I've used had a somewhat different scent, but this one is a warm, nutty, vanilla, sweet-oriental scent. This fragrance, which lingers on my body for so long, is definitely the fundamental reason why I fell head over heels in love with this product, but not only.

I must admit that I body butters aren't really my pair of shoes. I generally pick lotions instead of body butters as I don't suffer from any skin concerns they tackle. And lotions, usually equipped with a pump are easier to dispense and use. But this summmer my self tanners parched the skin on my legs really badly and my new Wild Argan Oil Body Butter turned out to be my saviour. A couple of applications and dry patches - begone! No more crisp skin, peeling cuticles, self-tan stains on dry knees and elbows!
This body butter has become the most awaited part of my night time skin ritual and I'm definitely going to buy not only the full-size one, but also explore the range in greater detail as, according to the press material, it's going to consist of a number of exciting products that aren't normally part of the Body Shop product lines. Apart from the usual stuff, like shower gels or body scrubs, the range will also include Bubbling Bath, Massage Soap, Body Lotion, The Radiant Oil for hair and body, Miracle Soild oil for dry patches and a lip balm, which is my number one pick.
All in all, well done TBS. Well done again!


And now in Polish:


Kiedy dowiedziałam się , że mam zostać testerka zupełnie nowego produktu od The Body Shop, strach mnie obleciał. Co ja napiszę, jeśli mi się nie spodoba? Mam straszliwie sentymentalny stosunek do marki i nie potrafię minąć drzwi sklepu nie zachodząc choć na chwilę, co nie znaczy, że wszystkie produkty przypadły mi do gustu. Na szczęście martwiłam się nie potrzebnie. Masło do ciała Wild Argan Oil jest GENIALNE!
Z jednej strony możemy powiedzieć, że wszystko to już było. Wszystkie znamy już ten prosty plastikowy pojemnik, tę konsystencję, z pozoru gęstą i twardą, która roztapia się na skórze jak masło. Jak zawsze produkt może się poszczycić dużą ilością naturalnych, etycznie pozyskanych składników jak: masło shea, masło kakaowe, olejek babassu, oraz, rzecz jasna, olejek arganowy. Ale ten zapach! Zapach jest obezwładniający i uzależniający. Raz powąchasz i nie możesz przestać! Nie jestem pewna czy to jest właśnie zapach olejku arganowego, ponieważ każdy produkt oparty na tym właśnie olejku, którego używałam, miał nieco inny zapach. Masło do ciała Wild Argan Oil pachnie ciepło, orzechowo, waniliowo, słodko i orientalnie. Ten silny zapach unosi przez dłuższy czas na skórze i jest zdecydowanie główną przyczyną mojej wielkiej miłości do Wild Argan Oil Body Butter, lecz nie tylko. 

Muszę przyznać, że masła do ciała nie są moimi ulubieńcami, ponieważ nie mam problemów skórnych, którym one przeciwdziałają. Zazwyczaj sięgam po balsamy, które łatwiej się nabiera i rozprowadza. Tego lata jednak moje samoopalacze strasznie przesuszyły skórę na moich nogach, a masło Wild Argan Oil okazało się moim wybawcą. Po kilku zastosowaniach sucha, szorstka skóra na moich nogach, kolanach, łokciach, skórkach wokół paznokci znikła!

Używanie tego masła do ciała stało się moim ulubionym wieczornym rytuałem i na pewno kupię nie tylko jego pełnowymiarową wersję, ale też przyjrzę się bliżej całej linii, która prócz powtarzających się w każdej linii peelingów czy żeli pod prysznic, składać się będzie również z płynu do kąpieli, mydła do masażu, skoncentrowanego oleju na suche miejsca, rozświetlającego oleju do ciała i włosów oraz balsamu do ust.

Dobra robota, The body Shop, dobra robota!



No comments:

Post a Comment