Wednesday 9 July 2014

June 2014 favourites

My June favourites come much lster than they were supposed to. The thing is that officially I'm on holiday, which means that I'm fully preoccupied with two little brats and arranging entertainment for them and which also means that I'm quite busy during the day and feel exhausted when the sun goes down.

When summer approaches, I usually tend to switch to brights in my eye make-up to reflect this crazy time. This June, however, was exceptionally cold. There wasn't a single summery day with skies overcast and temperatures oscilliating around 15°C which didn't stir any optimistic mood in me.
So, to the point. In June 2014 my eye make-up was mostly based on neutrals, but I sometimes used a liner or coloured mascara or both for a pop of colour.

My favourite combos were the matte shades from Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette together with Lancome Artliner in Sapphire plus Maybelline Colossal Volume blue mascara (above) or MAC pigment in Bluebrown paired with Lancome Artliner in Turquoise and the same Maybelline mascara in Turquoise.   



I went to work almost every day, so I tended to reach for products that would guarantee long-lasting shine proof make-up. My favourites were Guerlain Tenue de Perfection and MAC Pro-Longwear Concealer for their excellent performance. I added some warmth to my face using my new Too Faced Chocolate Soleil bronzer in Milk Chocolate which not only looks nice, but also smells divine! My favourite blushes were Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Dim Infusion and YSL Baby Doll Kiss&Blush #5, both warm and subtle, blending well with bronzing powders and adding summery glow to the cheeks.
My favourite highlighters were Cashmere Powder Pearls which I got in my Glossybox and Revlon Rose Glow Highlighting palette, both offer natural glow that is suitable on everyday occasions.  


On my lips you could see mainly brights, but, to  my own surprise, I displayed a particular fondness for a nude combo as well. L'Oreal Glam Matte liquid lipsticks were a great discovery of the month. Pity only four shades are available. They're opaque, long-wearing and feel very comfortable on the lips. NYX Butter Gloss in Peach Cobbler is a perfect summer shade. Warm, optimistic and bright. Bare Mineral Marvellous Moxie lipstick in Make Your Move paired with Marvellous Moxie lip gloss in Spark Plug made a perfect my-lips-but-better combo. And finally a sample of a Korean lip tint that I got in my first Memebox. It's called Witch's Pouch and it's actually one of the best hybrid lip products I've ever worn. It's opaque, moisturising, plumping, glossy, staining, long-lasting, even looking and fading and what not.


As far as my nails are concerned, I was obsessed with two brands - Bourjois 1 seconde gel polishes and Rimmel 60 seconds nail polishes, with special focus on the Rita Ora collection. Plenty of bright and pastel shades that are both opaque and long-wearing.


And finally two skincare products I've been seriously obsessed with. The first one is a Korean toner, which was one of my Memebox #11 goodies. It's so refreshing, it replaces a toner and an essence and I actually wear alone on hot days and it serves as a perfect make-up base.

And the second product is a raspberry body scrub from The Body Shop. It's as if I were using a raspberry jam to exfoliate! I love it's non-greasy, moisturising texture and the smell is so natural and gorgeous and season-appropriate!   






No comments:

Post a Comment