Sunday 26 April 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in Very Victoria and Lip Cheat in Pillow Talk review & swatches


March is a birthday month for me, which means presents!
I treated myself with my birthday money to a luxurious lipstick and lip liner by Charlotte Tilbury. When it arrived I was truly mesmerised by the most gorgeous vintage-style packaging.   


However old-fashioned the packaging may be, Matte Revolution lipsticks are a modern take on the idea of matte lipsticks. They glide on smoothly and evenly as if they weren't matte at all, but the finish is very definitely matte. I wouldn't call them moisturising, but they aren't drying either. 
The wear time of these lipsticks is amazing, at least six hours including drinking. When they fade, they do so evenly without leaving any strange residue where my lips touch each other. 


The only thing I'm quite dissatisfied with is the shade I picked. I thought it would be more of a browny nude, while Very Victoria is a browny nude indeed, but with a slightly mauvy twist to it, which in practice means that in most lighting conditions it's almost exactly the same as my natural lip colour but in some it gives  me the lips of a drowned man. I favour neither option.  


Since I've been on a lip liner kick recently, I just couldn't resist getting a Lip Cheat in the most often recommended shade, Pillow Talk. Like with every single product by Charlotte Tilbury, the packaging screams class and luxury to me.


Pillow Talk is a pinkish nude shade which has this miraculous ability to adjust to almost all lip colours and work with any lipstick. It matches Very Victoria perfectly (swatched together below), though apparently there exists another shade recommenced to be used with Very Victoria.

When I used this pencil on my lips I understood what the hype is about. It glides on super smoothly without any dragging or skipping and sets instantly, creating a colour that will not budge. I use it under my nude lipsticks and it prolongs their wear time substantially, while turning them more matte than they are.

The only downside is that due to its softness I can see this pencil disappear faster than my other liners do, which combined with the fact that it's rather expensive makes it extremely uneconomic.  


No comments:

Post a Comment