Saturday 4 April 2015

Too Faced liquified lipsticks in Melted Ruby and Melted Nude review and swatches


I'm a great fan of Too Faced and I just can't walk past a good liquid lipstick so I just had to get some Too Faced Melted ones. 
Calling them disappointing would be exaggeration, but I have to say I wasn't satisfied with them entirely. 


Theoretically everything is just as it's supposed to be. Those nice squeezy tubes with their well-fitting screw-on caps, well-designed applicators that distribute the product evenly without any effort, the pigmentation that is second to none. They feel lightweight and comfortable on the lips, and I don't find them as drying as many long-wearing lipsticks are. 
However, the lipsticks weren't as long-lasting as I'd expected. I thought they would set, but they don't and unfortunately tend to feather, especially the darker colour.   


What's more also the shades didn't turn out to be as flattering as expected. Melted Ruby is more of fuchsia colour which fades somewhat unevenly, leaving a patchy stain behind. However, when applied over a dark red lip liner like Gosh Cardinal Red this lipstick becomes a satin, semi-dark vampy red which lasts and lasts.
Finding the way to make this work for me would be too perfect to be true. The applicator started to get clogged and try as I might I can barely squeeze anything from the swelling-to-the-point-of-bursting tube.
I have no idea how to was and unblock the tube without damaging the product further.   


Melted Nude was supposed to be my perfect nude shade. It looked so good in everyone's swatches, including mine. Unfortunately instead of being a neutral beigy nude it turned out to be quite pale peach which makes a horrible combination with  my fair cool-toned skin. I offered it to my mum, being absolutely certain that it would be just perfect for her, but on her mid-tone olive skin this looked even worse, just as if she was trying to recreate the look she sported in the '60s.
I don't know if it clogs just like Melted Ruby or how a lip pencil would alter the look as I gave this lipstick to my mum and need to retrieve it somehow. 


Most of my disappointment with these lipsticks results from my dissatisfaction with the shades, that's why I'm still tempted to try two of their new shades out like Melted Fig or Velvet or perhaps Berry. They aren't the best lipsticks in the world, but they're really easy to apply and their colours are rather unusual.  


No comments:

Post a Comment