Thursday 9 April 2015

Korean goodies: Revecen Volumizing Mascara review


After the tremendous success of  an unknown Koream mascara by Hope Girl on my lashes, I pulled out this volumising one by Revecen out of my Memebox stash with excitement, which unfortunately didn't last lery long.

Here's what the mascara claims to do: 


I don't question its valuable contents like natural wax or vitamins, the thing is that the formula of this mascara, combined with its wand make the worst mascara I've ever used. So far, whenever I criticised a mascara I mainly blamed it for not giving me enough volume or smudging, but I cannot recall a situation when a mascara failed to perform at all.

It has a flattened curved applicator with the traditional kind of bristles poking quite disorderly in all directions. It reminds me of one of Maybelline Falsies wands, which didn't work for me either. It does sort of work on my upper lashes, but coating the bottom ones is simply impossible. 
The formula is very thick and gloopy. It looks like it has some fibres in it, but this doesn't translate into any results. The mascara clumps all my lashes without giving them the promised volume. Adding extra coats results in more clumps. It acts as if it has been in use for at least 6 months, but it was brand new and sealed. Applying this thing means struggle I'm not prepared to accept in the morning.

The only thing that is good about this mascara is that it's waterproof  and doesn't smudge. But on the other hand, it tends to flake.

It's a big no no and it's going straight to the bin.


No comments:

Post a Comment