Wednesday 22 April 2015

Korean goodies: Pure Smile Pearl Essence Mask review


I've said it time and time again that sheet masks are all the same, they may differ in size and shape and the list of ingredients but in the end they do exactly the same thing: moisturise. They are soaked in heavy and tacky essence which leaves your skin deeply hydrated, but also a bit sticky.

Pure Smile Pearl Essence Mask, however, is very different from almost all other sheet masks I've used. The cloth it's made of seems somewhat thicker and the liquid it's saturated with is thinner. 
Among the ingredients are hyaluronic acid, collagen, vitamin E and pearl extract, so I believe this mask should excel at hydration and glow boosting, but it doesn't. 
Usually when you take a sheet mask off you need to pat the essence dry and wait some time for full absorption, but in this case there was actually nothing to pat. My face did feel wet, of course, but it was as if I'd sprayed it with face mist. All remains evaporated quickly and left my face dry and asking for a face cream (and I have oily skin, mind you). 
Theoretically I should be satisfied with this mask as it made a non-greasy base for my make-up, but the thing is that I didn't feel it did anything to my skin at all. Perhaps my skin did feel some regenerative power of the hyaluronic acid and collacen and vitamins and other precious ingredients, but none of them were to be seen with bare eye and that's exactly what we want, right?

So all in all, yeah, it's good it's non-sticky, but the results are kind of 'meh' in my opinion.

Aaah. I forrgot to say that htis mask is completely fragrance free.



No comments:

Post a Comment