Wednesday 6 May 2015

Korean goodies: Tosowoong Super Aqua Cooling Gel review


I've been using this Tosowoong Super Aqua Cooling Gel on and off but generally I'm saving it for hot summer weather. 
This intriguing product comes in a pretty frosted glass jar which looks great in the bathroom, but is way too heavy to travel with. The amount of product is pretty hefty and you need only a penny-sized amount to moisturise your entire face, and it can also be used on the entire body to cool overheated skin.

I believe this gel will make a summertime essential for me, but even more so for those of us who enjoy sunbathing and suffer from sun burns from time to time. I personally prefer to stay away from the sun, which doesn't mean heat doesn't affect me, so yay!

This product is a blue tinted watery gel that literally melts into the skin, providing instant relief, moisture and menthol-cooling effect sans the characteristic scent.
This gel is packed with minerals and nutrients from glacier and sea waters and offers incredible comfort to the skin. I have oily skin and I don't find it particularly mattifying, but it's very lightweight and make-up friendly. I think those of us with dry skin would enjoy this gel on hot summer days, when skin naturally produces more sebum, but it will not replace a regular moisturiser.

For me this is a great multi-purpose product. I can see myself using this as my regular moisturiser throughout the year and as a cooling product for my face and body on hot summer days.

I received a number of  Tosowoong products in my Memeboxes and this is the first one I've really enjoyed, tough other women from my family who I passed creams I didn't want on to spoke highly of the brand, so perhaps it's worth exploring further.


4 comments:

  1. I just dug this out of my stash in preparation for summer! I love how lightweight it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the ingredients? II'I'd kindly like to know :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately I no longer have the box and I was dumb enough not to take a picture of the list of ingredients, which happens all the time to be honest. So I can't help you there! Sorry!

      Delete