Sunday 31 May 2015

Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair shampoo and conditioner review


After a great success of a volumising shampoo from the same line I thought I'd check out if Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Omega Repair shampoo and conditioner are just as good. Well, I regret to say that they aren't.
They aren't bad by any means, but when something promises to repair damaged hair my expectations rise instantly. I imagine that a shampoo with reparative properties would make my colour-treated hair silky smooth and shiny, undo the damage caused by bleaches and hair dyes and hot styling tools. I want such products to make my hair manageable and frizz-free without being weighed down. What's more when I pay for a shampoo and conditioner more than an average drugstore price (this one is more than twice as expensive as Garnier or Pantene) I expect it to do more.

This shampoo and conditioner do nothing out of the ordinary. I noticed no added gloss nor shine, I didn't feel that my hair looked in any way better than after using any other shampoo. I have used both of these up now and I haven't noticed any long-term improvement in my hair condition. I generally think the shampoo was better than the conditioner, it washed my hair without tangling, but the conditioner literally didn't do anything to my hair, it felt just as coarse after as before. I tended to apply quite a lot of it in an attempt to make it work, and, as a result used this up before the shampoo.

There are two good things to be said about these two, though. They never weighed my hair down or turned it greasy. They offered nice volume and I could go for 2-3 days without washing my hair. And the second thing is that they smell amazing. They're like some high-end perfume for the hair.

This duo is quite decent, but they didn't fulfil my expectations. I'll stick to their volunising counterparts, which are second to none.



No comments:

Post a Comment