Thursday 21 May 2015

Something Japanese: DHC Concentrated Eye Cream review


I'm very fussy when it comes to eye creams. My undereye area is extremely dry and wrinkle prone and I find it hard to keep it moisturised for more than a couple of hours, that is why I'm always on the lookout for good eye creams. I have searched high and low and my experience has showed me that eye creams that really work happen to sit on the upper shelf. My top picks so far include Shiseido Benefiance, Khiel's Creamy Avocado, La Roche-Posay Redermic C and now DHC Concentrated Eye Cream has joined the list.


This cream doesn't claim much, all the more it's easier to keep the promise. But what it claims to do coincides with my expectations. This cream moisturises the driest and most wrinkle-prone area of my body, making it feel comfortable for long hours and helps prevent dryness-related wrinkles and this is all I want my eye cream to do.
The cream feels rather thick at first but in fact it's emolient and lightweigtht at the same time, it absorbs quickly but doesn't set or dry out completely, makes a good base for concealer, doesn't make it crease or melt, nor does it make my mascara smudge. What I like most about it is that I can trust it to keep my eye area hydrated during the day. I was using this cream (interchangeably with Kiehl's Creamy Avocado) during a couple of allergy-related periods of extreme dryness and these two brought more relief to my skin than anything else. 

What also needs to be said about this cream is that most of its ingredients are of natural origin and it contains no cosmetic villains like parabens, perfume, mineral oil etc, but it does contain alcohol which doesn't cause any dryness whatsoever. The product isn't fragrance-free, there's a faint scent of rosemary, which I believe comes from the herbal ingredient.

If you're a young person, who doesn't have any dryness-related issues, you probably don't need this kind of cream or it may even interfere with your make-up. But if you feel you need to take special care of this particularly vulnerable area no matter how old you are, this could be a great choice as doesn't contain any powerful anti-wrinkle chemical ingredients that could be too harsh to use too early. 
I personally am putting the DHC Concentrated Eye Cream on my 'to be repurchased' list.


No comments:

Post a Comment