Monday 1 June 2015

Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Holiday Waterproof mascara in #53 Electric Blue review and dupes


I love a pop of bright blue on my eyes, that's why I like to keep a blue mascara in my stash. They're relatively hard to find throughout the year, but come spring/summer they start appearing as parts of summer collections and this is the best time to stock up. 
Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Holiday mascara in Electric Blue is one of such items. 


This mascara, like other mascaras from the same line, comes in an amphora-shaped tube with a preposterously fat, traditional kind of spoolie on a very short stick. The combination of these features makes the mascara hard to handle. The volume of the spoolie has nothing to do with the volumising results of the mascara and the flared cap plus the short wand successfully impede the process of application. Generally it's hard to get close to the lashes with this wand.


But once, after some acrobatics, I manage to coat my lashes, the results are quite satisfactory. Although there isn't much of a volume, the mascara offers bright blue colour, slightly less electric than Dior Addict It-Lash mascara. 
What I like about it is that it doesn't make my lashes crisp stiff, even though this is a waterproof mascara. 
It performs well throughout the day, doesn't smudge or crumble, it also survived a water test successfully. It's also not terribly difficult to remove, which is always an asset when talking about waterproof mascaras.


I've got two other blue drugstore mascaras going on, so I can compare the three.
Top to bottom:
1. NYX Color Mascara in Blue has the least fanciful, standard, slim wand, but the most convenient one at the same time. Unfortunately this one is the worst quality of them all. It doesn't offer any volume, it's hard to build up and in consequence little product on the lashes means less pop of colour. It also tends to smudge, giving me sickly blue undereye circles. Easy to remove.
2. Maybelline The Colossal Volum' Express Color Shock in Electric Navy is quite similar to NYX, but the wand is fatter and the mascara itself is kind of scented. I prefer this one to NYX as this one doesn't smudge and lasts pretty much all day.
3. Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Holiday Waterproof in Electric Blue has the least practical applicator, looks similar on my lashes to the other two, but this one would be my pick because it's waterproof and this feature is essential when picking a mascara for the summer.




No comments:

Post a Comment