Monday 15 June 2015

Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express mascara review


I wasn't intending to get another mascara, but this one was a freebie added to one of my purchases. 
I didn't really expect much from the Maybelline Mega Plush Volum' Express mascara as I no longer seem to enjoy the line, but since it was a free gift, of course I gave it a go. 

And I must say I didn't like the mascara at all and it went straight to the bin after a couple of times I wore this.
The formula was all right, neither too dry nor too wet, it had a kind of sticky gel consistency that adhered to the lashes well. My mascara was non-waterproof, but it didn't smudge or crumble when worn in ordinary conditions, it was also very easy to remove.

Sounds good, doesn't it?
What turned out to be a real failure for me was the brush. First of all it's too large. While I was sort of able to use it on my top lashes, any attempt to putthe mascara on my bottom ones resulted in a terrible mess. 
What's more the applicator comes on a super flexible wand, which bends in half without much effort and springs back to its initial position with quite some force. I've had a couple of such mascaras before and never liked them, but this one breaks all records. This applicator made it impossible for me to coat my lashes as much as I wanted to and it made the whole process so time-consuming. I'm not looking for mascaras that would turn my morning routine into a stressful and irritating situation. 
That's why, even though the final result was quite decent, I got rid of this mascara in a fit of fury and took a deep breath of relief. 


No comments:

Post a Comment