Thursday 4 June 2015

Best of May 2015




In May I discovered a couple of new things, but mainly shopped my stash and put some oldies but goodies to new uses.
I continued using Kat Von D Shade and Light contour palette as a matte eyeshadow palette. These shades look and blend amazingly on the lids! 
I discovered Cover FX Custom Colour Drops, which are concentrated drops that you can mix with anything. My favourite combination is with eye cream to create a moisturising concealer.
My love for Smashbox Cream Contour Kit reflects my interest in cream products in general. I mainly reached for the highlighter and contour shade to create chiselled, yet natural looks.
Smashbox Photo Angle Pure Pigment eyeliner in Cocoa is a similar concept to Benefit Push-up liner, but much better executed. This product has all advantages of the Benefit's product sans the drawbacks. It's pigmented and creamy, goes on smoothly and lasts all day. 
Bourjois Bronzing Primer is a rediscovered product. It may be used as a base, but I use it as a cream bronzer and it offers the most natural sunkissed glow ever.
Bourjois Cream Blush no 01 is a beautiful cream-to-powder formula and a natural peachy shade locked in a tiny vintage trinket compact. I used this so often that I hit the pan.
I applied the two Bourjois products mentioned above with tools which aren't intended for cream products at all, but they work like a dream. They're two natural bristles brushes, one is a kabuki sold together with Dior powders and the other one is a racoon foundation brush by a Polish brand Kozlowski. Both brushes help me achieve a sheer coverage and an incredibly natural look. 
I couldn't resist picking a new product by Urban Decay, their Revolution High-Colour Lipgloss in Liar, which is the perfect brownish nude. 


My favourite skincare items were Pharmaceris Mattifying Gel-Cream which not only mattifies, but also offers a primer-like finish. 
Dreams Come True Bounce Cheese Cream is a kind of late discovery. I started using this in the last quarter of May, but it instantly became my favourite. It's good both as a day and night cream, it has a peculiar texture, goes on like a dream and leaves my skin super soft and smooth and hydrated without being greasy.


I gravitated towards periwinkle blues on my nails. My favourite picks were Sally Hansen in Sugar Fix and Babe Blue, Bourjois in Adora-bleu and Rimmel in Bestival Blue.


Aa far as formula, packaging and overall quality are concerned the new La Laque polishes by Bourjois can't be beaten. Probably the best drugstore nail polish these days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment