Wednesday 3 June 2015

Zoeva 100 Luxe Face Paint, 103 Luxe Highlight, 126 Luxe Cheek Finish brushes. A review

The three Zoeva brushes I'm about to present don't constitute staple brushes of a beginner's kit, but I find them particularly interesting as they are quite unique. I've raved so much about Zoeva brushes, so I'm not going to describe their quality and design in greater detail, I'll just say that they represent superior pro-class quality, comparable to MAC and Sigma, for reasonable money. 


#100 Luxe Face Paint brush is a great choice for those who want to try their hands at contouring. This is a relatively wide and flat brush with short and sturdy, bleached goat bristles which will draw a precise line in the hollows of the cheeks and help blend the colour upwards. 
I've got a lot of other brushes that do this job, but if you really think contouring might be your thing, I would definitely invest in this one.
I've tried it both with cream and powder products and I must say it works much better with powders. For cream products I'd pick a similar one from Zoeva, with synthetic bristles. 



#103 Luxe Highlight looks like an eyeshadow brush, but it's bigger. It's a nice and soft tapered brush which is perfect for precise application of highlighters on cheekbones, brow bones, down the nose, etc. Its densely packed bristles pick the right amount of product and blend really well. I sometimes use this brush to contour with and it does this job just as well. If you're looking for a multitasker to apply highlighter, contour powder, or even eyeshadow all over the lid, I'd grab this one.



#126 Luxe Cheek Finish offers the widest variety of uses out of these three. It's relatively small for a face brush, it's bristles are densely packed and quite soft (but not downy feather soft), it's rounded at the top and flattened. I sometimed use it with powders for very light dusting, it's also a perfect blush brush as it fits my cheeks so well and is excellent at blending, you may also use it with bronzers to draw '3s' on your face or you can even countour with it as it's so flat and slightly tapered. Its fanned shape also makes it handy when applying highlighters. All in all it does almost every face task except applying and blending cream products like foundations and concealers.  


No comments:

Post a Comment