Monday 25 June 2012

BM beauty Mineral Blush in Peachy Glow: review

BM beauty Mineral Blush in Peachy Glow

BM mineral blush was one of the contents of my June Glossybox. I'd never heard of the brand before so I checked them out and it turns out BM beauty is a Scottish brand which apparently makes skin-friendly, cruelty free make-up. 

This blush was a total miss for me for a variety of reasons. Actually everything about it was wrong but it it's a matter of my personal fancies rather than objective defects of the product.
First of all I'm not a fan of mineral cosmetics.
Secondly I don't like powder blushes.
Thirdly the shade is totally wrong. It seems sheer but looks on my cheeks like a splash of mud. Instead of making me glow it makes me look dull.
Finally it's has such a frosty shimmery finish that combined with the shade it looks almost like gold or peachy gold. I don't really sport  a King Midas look.

This product is supposed to be versatile, may be also used as an eyeshadow or mixed with a clear gloss. I'd never put such colour on my eyes, though I believe it may work for others. I tried mixing it with my ELF gloss, I used a substantial amount of product but the result was very sheer, not impressive at all.

As far as I know June Glossybox contained 2 shades of the blush and I'm sure that if I'd got the Velvet Dawn one my review would be at least a bit more favourable. 

BM beauty Mineral Blush in Peachy Glow

No comments:

Post a Comment