Monday 25 June 2012

Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base: review


Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base

After severe disappointment with the new version of Urban Decay Primer Potion (I loved the old formula) I decided to get something new. Having read a number of reviews I chose Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base. And this one is now my favourite!

This primer differs from those I used before (UD and Smashbox). Whereas other primers are beige and have a kind of dry yet sticky finish, the one by Nars is white and it's sort of powdery when dry. UD and Smashbox made my eyeshadows look more vibrant and cling better but very hard to blend. Nars, although white in the tube, is invisible when applied so it's can't be used to even out any imperfections on the lids but it makes blending an easy process. 

I like the doe foot applicator which picks just the right amount of product. Two tiny dots on the lid, blended with a finger do the trick. The shadows stay put all day long without fading or creasing.

I have oily lids and a good primer is a must. I think I'll remain faithful to this one unless they change the formula just as Urban Decay did.


Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base






Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment