Tuesday 14 August 2012

Curls Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner and Coconut Sublime Conditioner review

Curls Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner

I like to buy sets of matching hair products so together with the awful Curls Cleansing Cream reviewed here I bought two conditioners: Coconut Sublime Conditioner for daily use and Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner for deep treament. While the cleansing cream turned out to be a disaster the conditioners perform much better.

Curls Curl Ecstasy Hair Tea Conditioner is a heat-activated hair mask which targets dry and/or chemically altered hair. You use it one to 4 times a month, apply ample amount to wet hair, wrap your hair under a plastic cap and condition with heat for 20-25 minutes. This is the part I'm not sure of, I mean am I supposed to keep my hairdryer working for half an hour or is my hair hot enough under a plactic cap? For fear my hairdryer might overheat and explode I chose the half way option: heated up my scalp with the hairdryer and then wrapped my head in a towel. I hope that's enough.
The result is rather satisfactory. My hair feels smooth and moisturised, I believe it's also less brittle. I'm sure it counteracts well the damage done by bleaching.
The conditioner contains no sulfates, parabens no mineral oil and the list of ingredients contains mostly plant extracts. The consistency is very thick so you need to squeeze the bottle well to get the product outThe product has a very nice smell which brings to my mind watermelon rather than green tea.   

Curls Coconut Sublime Conditioner
Coconut sublime conditioner is stored in exactly the same 420 ml bottle with almost the same label so I need to read carefully not to mistake the two. It's equally thick and difficult to get out of the bottle. It follows the same idea of organic/botanic extract-packed product.
So what's the difference between these two?
This one smells of coconuts.
The Coconut Sublime Conditioner is supposed to be "instant rinse off conditioner", that's what it says on the label. But when you turn to the directions you'll see that you're supposed to leave it on for 1-5mins. Is that instant? Not according to my definition. The manufacturer also suggests using it as a 'mid week conditioning rinse'. Never heard of the idea. You're supposed to simply rinse your hair, apply conditioner and rinse. I wash my hair more often than before going to church on Sunday. I have had regular access to water all my life so this habit never formed. And I don't go to church anyway. I'm being sarcastic here, but seriously speaking I suppose this is meant for hair so dry that the less frequently you wash it the better. Leaving the problem of how often and for how long behind I must say that his is a very nice and gentle conditioner which moisturizes and detangles my hair really well. I'm glad that i bought it.

To conclude I'd like to say that the conditioners are much better than the cleansing cream but what bugs me is the inconsistency and imprecision of the information on the labels which leads to misunderstansings.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment