Monday 13 August 2012

Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder in Translucent


Almost everyone who has watched make-up tutorials on YouTube has seen professional make-up artists recommend something by Laura Mercier, foundations and powders in particular. This raised my interest, the fact that the brand is totally unknown and unavailable in Poland heated up my desire to have something Laura Mercier. So when I ran out of my Diorskin loose powder I thought Laura Mercier setting powder would be a decent replacement.

When it arrived I was slightly disappointed it lacked a puff, I couldn't figure out if the thing is actually sold that way or the puff was lost in transit so I started using my old Diorskin puff to apply the powder. I'm not totally sure what to think about the powder.  I must admit that this is a rather unusual situation for me. The powder itself is very sheer (which is perfect for a setting powder) but it also leaves a kind of whitish cast which even the white HD powders don't. I don't mind that much cause I'm normally rather fair but those of you who are NC/NW 30 and above be warned! What I also found strange about that powder is that it doesn't matify strongly, it leaves a certain glow on my face. On the one hand it looks natural and fresh and doesn't dry my skin out but on the other hand my oilies show up within minutes. I'm sure this would be a perfect powder for people with dry skin. I love to use it to set my concealer in my undereye area which tends to be very dry. The powder has no smell, which disappoints me cause I love perfumed powders and foundations.


To conclude I want to say I'm torn between liking and disliking Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder. I'll use it up but I don't think I'll ever repurchase. I might try some other loose powder by LM cause I don't feel discouraged as far as the brand is concerned but I might return to Dior or Chanel as well. 



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog here! Also your website loads up fast! What host are you using? I wish my website loaded up as fast as yours lol !

    Loose Setting Powder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, thank you! To be honest I've no idea what host I'm using, I'm a complete idiot as far as anything to do with computers is concerned!

      Delete