Tuesday 21 August 2012

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in New Lover: review & swatches

Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil is the first product of this type I've ever used. I got this one in New Lover as a promotional gift when doing my Nars shopping at hqhair.com. I must say I'm positively surprised at how well it performs. 
New Lover is definitely not a shade I'd normally pick. I usually go for much brighter colours so I treat this one as a nice addition to my stash. The shade is a kind of sheer nude pink with golden sheen. It reminds me slightly of  ELF mineral lipstick in Cool Coral, different colour base but the same sheen. The pencil applies very smoothly, feels on my lips like a lip balm rather than a gloss or a lipstick. It stays on for 2-3 hours, no eating or drinking,  after a snack you definitely need to reapply.
To sum up some final thoughts:
PROS: I like the smoothness of application.
I also love how this shade combines with other colours, I mean if you apply it over a lip pencil, you might get dozens of intriguing and unique combinations.

CONS: Although the form of a pencil seems quite practical, in reality I believe it to be very travel or even handbag unfriendly. I find the necessity to carry a sharpener and the need to sharpen the thing every now and then very inconvenient.
on bare lips

over a brownish lip pencil


Disclaimer: I received the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment