Wednesday 22 August 2012

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly review

Oh, Painterly, why did we start our relationship so late? I'd read and heard so much of you but somehow kept ignoring you! I thought Urban Decay Primer Potion was good enough for me so I wouldn't bother having a look at you! 
The problem is that each time I was in a MAC store there were more exciting limited lines of their make-up  and I always focused on them rather than on their regular products. This summer nothing, really nothing out of MACs limited editions was worth my attention so my eyes fell on Painterly. 

Painterly is a shade I wouldn't use on its own but it makes a lovely eyeshadow base. First of all it's very similar to my own skin colour. In the swatch it looks slightly darker but on my lids it actually seems lighter. The texture is actually quite hard but it warms up with the heat of my fingers and applies very smoothly on my lid. It reminds me very much of Maybelline Color Tattoo in taupe. Of course taupe is a different shade but they are both matte and apply in a very similar way.
What I like about this product is that it intensifies the eyeshadow shade without changing its colour. Rare thing! What's more, it dries to such finish that makes blending eyeshadows an easy task.

Nothing more to add. Excellent product. At least three more Paint Pots have entered my wishlist, which is the greatest recommendation I guess!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment