Thursday 2 August 2012

Korean goodies: Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing Foam review


Today I'd like to review a product I'm very excited about: Holika Holika Soda Pore Cleansing Foam.

I think it needs to be said why I needed this cleanser in the first place. My cleansing routine involves an oil cleanser to dissolve all waterproof make-up without pulling the skin with cotton pads. I am an owner of fairly oily skin so leaving my skin like this caused breakouts, that"s why I'm a big fan of double cleansing. So far I've been addicted to Garnier gel face wash for combination skin but now I felt like getting something different, for a change.

When I first used the Holika Holika I felt disappointed. I hadn't realised it contained beads! I wanted something to be used safely round the eyes as well, to remove any traces of mascara left after oil cleansing, but I certainly didn't want these granules in my eyes. To my surprise, as I massaged on, the beads dissolved and turned into rich foam which did excellent job washing my face. Now I use it religiously, never get any breakouts. I must admit that my face is thoroughly clean after washing but dry. I love the feeling cause it's normally quite sticky but if you have dry skin you may want to consider the fact. And it's definitely too drying to use it round the eyes so I switched to removing traces of eye make-up with Vichy micellar solution. Obviously this foam can be used on its own perfectly well, it's meant to dissolve all BB cream make-up, so I guess it must be effective.

Now some factual info about the cleanser. It comes in a very standard packaging, which is a simple squizable tube. When you squeeze out the product you see pearly white thick cream with blue beads in it. I use it on wet face, though I'm not sure if I do it right cause I don't understand a word of the instructions on the tube, and then it turns into thick foam which at first gives your face a mild peel and then turns to even more foam. One good splash of water and it's all gone. My face is washed, exfoliated and fresh. The latter due to the very nice smell, citrus-like and pleasantly refreshing. Just how I like it. But it's a strong kind of smell, for the attention of those more smell-sensitive.

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment