Tuesday 7 August 2012

Korean goodies: Etude House Wonder Volume eyelashes review

This is gonna be a clumsy review cause these are my first lashes ever and since I have no experience I lack any point of reference. I don't have any idea whether other lashes are more comfortable or easier to apply. I don't know whether I should look for the cheapest lashes available cause after all you use them only a couple of times or invest in a good pair of lashes and glue to avoid unpleasant surprises.
To see if I like the idea of false lashes at all I've chosen a relatively inexpensive set by Etude House. The cute pink box contains a pair of naturally shaped super long lashes and a small tube of glue. The screw top of the glue forms a very handy applicator which looks like a little stick and makes the application of the glue really easy. 

I found the application of the lashes really difficult. I'm much too clumsy to do it well. My hands were shaking, I stuck the lashes about a milimetre away from my own lashes, and the lashes kept getting unstuck in the inner corner of my eyes. However, when after smudging my make-up with numerous failed attempts I  managed to get it sort of right, the result was amazing. Such a beautiful curtain of lashes! 

False lashes are definitely worth all that labour but I wonder how much practice I need before I could finally go party wearing them confidently without the fear of them getting unstuck or ruining my party make-up during the application. As far as the Etude House ones are concerned I can say nothing about their quality but they're certainly very pretty. 


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment