Thursday 2 August 2012

Curls Curlicious Curls cleansing cream

Poland is such a weird country where everyone wants to look in a uniform way. We enjoy sun scorched looks, kohl-lined eyes, hair dyed black or blonde and iron flattened locks. This is not a paradise for someone with curly hair. Even if lines of products for curly/wavy hair are in Polish distribution, drugstores don't order them  due to low demand. This forces me to order my haircare products online and experiment with new products.
One such product is by generically called brand Curls. Whom could I trust more if not a brand who devoted themselves completely to curls?
When the product arrived it turned out to be one of those organic eco things which I have no experience of. No sulfates, silicones, parabens nor mineral oil. So far so good.  But nobody's told me this thing isn't gonna foam. I applied it to my hair, rub it, massage it and nothing happens. Apply some more, still nothing. The product was marketed as a shampoo and it turned to be a cleansing cream. Never heard of anything like this.  Perhaps it's a wide-known concept but I'm not accustomed to using any of these Lush or Neals Yard things so I don't know. It does actually leave my hair clean but I apply masses of the product on my hair, otherwise I feel it doesn't reach everywhere. Moreover, I don't see any effect as far as making my hair nice and curly is concerned, but it might also be due to the weather which makes my hair more unruly than ever.
What I also don't like is misleading information on the label. It says: hydrates and cleanses curls in one step, which somehow led me to believe that it's a kind of 2-in-one product, while you need to follow it with a conditioner.
To sum up:
WHAT I LIKED

  • coconut and vanilla smell
  • the idea of an eco-friendly product
  • soft bottle ( the product's so thick you wouldn't get it out of the bottle if you couldn't squeeze it properly)
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
  • doesn't foam
  • not economic at all, I tend to overuse it and I think it'll last just a couple of uses
  • unclear information as to what kind of product I bought
  • doesn't stimulate my wavy to curly hair to curl more, actually my hair hangs in kind of unruly strands and looks  more like a haystack than a nice head of hair.

WILL I REPURCHASE? Obviously not.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment