Monday 2 July 2012

Chanel Nail Colour #541 Tentation: review

Chanel Nail Colour #541 Tentation
I had hard time choosing something summery for my nails, so many nice bright polishes yet none of them seemed exceptional. I ended up getting Chanel Tentation cause first of all I wanted something to match my Chanel lip gloss in Jalousie (reviewed here), secondly I wanted to try out a polish by Chanel and finally the opportunity presented itself with the arrival of my 20% off coupon from Sephora. 

Chanel Nail Colour #541 Tentation paired with  Chanel Levres Scintillantes in Jalousie #169
Tentation is a bright cool-toned shimmery fuchsia colour, very shiny, almost metallic! The brush is on a smaller side, yet not as narrow as Essie's, which paired with the excellent formula of the polish makes application an easy task. The polish is opaque, one coat is almost enough, the second one is needed only to remove any imperfections.
Fuchsia is not normally my favourite colour but this summer I'm craving for something shimmering hot and bright and this little beuty satisfied my desire perfectly.

As far as the experience of buying a high-end polish is concerned I must say Chanel performs no better or worse than good quality polishes like OPI or China Glaze. I don't think Chanel was worth splashing out so much money it was just the matter of availability of my desired shade. but I'm neither disappointed or overwhelmed by the performance.

As for matching it with Jalousie lip gloss it works only partially. Where's the shade and the shimmery formula are almost the same the gloss is much sheerer and therefore reads not as bright. I'm looking for a good lip pencil to enhance its colour and then I'm sure these two will match.


Chanel Nail Colour #541 Tentation paired with  Chanel Levres Scintillantes in Jalousie #169
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion



2 comments:

  1. Gorjus shade of polish!

    Www.klayerd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes, I'm loving it! It's exactly what I wanted!

      Delete