Friday 6 July 2012

Poshe top coat versus Seche Vite: comparative review


 
  Being only partially satisfied with the renowned Seche Vite top coat I decided to try something new. 
When I discovered that the American Poshe top coats are distributed by one of Polish internet retailers I decided to give it a go.

I think my review will take shape of a comparison with Seche Vite cause it's an iconic product almost everyone's heard of or used so it makes a good point of reference.

1. CONSISTENCY
While Seche Vite is very thick, Poshe is almost watery in comparison.

2. SMELL
Poshe is almost odourless as for a nail product. Seche Vite has the strongest and the most repelling smell of all nail products I've used. It poses health hazards, shouldn't be used by pregnant women as it might harm the foetus, therefore it is prohibited in a couple of stated.

3. PACKAGING
The bottles have different shapes but the brushes are comparable. Poshe was filled up with the product higher than the neck. Only after a couple of applications did I notice that there was any less of the product. Poshe brush is longer and reaches the bottom when the cap is fully screwed on. The brush of Seche Vite ended a good couple of milimetres from the bottom, as a result, when I wanted to dip it it was hanging about a centimetre from the bottom. At first I didn't notice, but when there was less than half product left application became a real pain in the ass. I needed to screw the top on completely to pick any product and repeat the same procedure 10 times for each nail. Finally I got rid of it even though there was plenty of product left.

4. APPLICATION
Both apply easily but differently. In case of Seche Vite a large drop of product forms on the tip of the brush, quite thick and sticky and you need to distribute this drop on the nail. The layer is pretty thick and has self-evening properties.
Poshe is watery and the substance glides easily along the nail coating it in a thin, even layer.

5. PERFORMANCE
Both of these top coats  dry to touch within a minute or two, and are fully dry in less than 10. None of them makes polish chip. Both of them tend to shrink polish, Seche Vite considerably more than Poshe. 

6. SHINE
Seche Vite is incomparably shinier, it gives a kind of  glass finish. Poche is quite average in this respect. Actually nothing shines better than Seche Vite.

7. PRICE
Poshe is way cheaper, at least here in Poland

VERDICT: Poshe is better in all respects apart from shine!


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment