Monday 30 July 2012

Korean goodies: Innisfree Balancing Skin Rosemary toner review





I bought the Innisfree Rosemary toner to replace my beloved Skinfood Peach Sake toner. When it arrived I was quite unsure whether I got the right product cause on the packaging there's no mention of the fact that this is a toner, on the contrary, it says the product is a moisturiser for oily and combination skin, however after trying this thing out I can say this is a toner for sure. 

 The toner belongs to the group of Korean toners which have moisturising properties. It's not as dense as some Skinfood toners I've tried but it's slightly thicker than water. It's a very mild toner which causes no irritation or redness to my skin. This is not an alcohol-based toner so it doesn't evaporate completely, leaving a kind of wet, sticky finish, which my oily skin doesn't appreciate that much under make-up. However, at bedtime it works excellently as the final stage of cleansing. 

What I absolutely love about the product is its smell (lovely refreshing rosemary fragrance, quite strong actually) and the packaging. The toner comes in a green glass bottle with a very "European" sticker which looks like recycled paper. Generally the bottle design reminds me of these eco products like L'Occitane or Origins. Very pretty.

So the final question is do I like it better than the Peach Sake? No. It's a very nice toner but the the Skinfood one seems to work for my oily skin better.  




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment