Tuesday 24 July 2012

Korean goodies: Skinfood Aloe Vera Foam and Cream cleansers

This isn't going to be a comparison of the two cleansers cause they're totally different but I decided to put them in one post cause they belong to the same line.

This is the second time I've sampled the foam cleanser, I totally didn't know how to use it first time and it ended with a hate relationship between the two of us. The thing is that I applied it directly on to the wet face and it completely refused to foam, it was smeared all over my face but failed to perform at all and didn't resemble any kind of foam cleanser at all. This time I added some water onto my palms and tried to create lather in my palms and it started to work! Rich, dense foam appeared which cleansed my face thoroughly. But once I splashed my face with water to rinse it the product disappeared completely, leaving a kind of non-slippery feel to my skin. I don't know how to describe it, it's like all residue, sebum and anything on my skin was erased in a second. It's supposed to be highly moisturising but my skin actually felt rather tense after using it and in need of a moisturiser.
The cleanser itself is a very hard substance, so hard you could cut it with a knife, looks sort of pearly white with a greenish tone. It has a pleasant fresh smell, similar to cucumbers or other artificial aromas you're supposed to associate with aloe.
I've been considering a purchase of a full size tube, though it definitely didn't turn out to be a Holy Grail for me, there are so many other products worth giving a try so I think I'll get something else.



The problem with the cream cleanser is that I haven't been able to figure out what kind of cleanser it actually is. Is it the one you wipe across your face with a cotton pad or the one you remove with water. According to   the internet sources it's both but to me it's rather the first option. But on the other hand it left a sort of greasy residue I didn't like so each time I ended up trying to remove it with water and toner. I don't know how to handle it, I don't like cream make-up removers, I only use them to remove fall out from under my eyes and I'm not gonna order any of these from Korea. My Garnier will do.

This review was based on complimentary samples I received with one of my purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment