Thursday 26 July 2012

Dupes: Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L vs Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #26

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L
Today initially I'd like to offer a review of MUFE Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L. 
It needs to be said that I absolutely adore MUFE eyeliners, I like their softness, smoothness, quality and colour range. There's always a shade I'd like to pick. Since it's holiday season I went for something bright and blue cause this seems to me to be the the shade of the summer sky and water and flowers. 
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L
#15L is a beautiful cornflower blue, I love cornflowers and I adore the shade in make-up. The pencil is incredibly soft, it glides on like butter but it sets very quickly and then it's unmovable. Performs beautifully on top and bottom lash lines and on waterline. Non-transferable and waterproof. I wouldn't recommend smudging it cause it sets so quickly you might actually end up with half of your lid smudged and half in a sharp line, which I wouldn't like at all. 
If you look at the swatch below you might feel it's a bit clumpy and applies unevenly, I think it's due to its softness that it swatches like this. On my lids it applies evenly and smoothly.
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L

When I'd swatched #15 I had the feeling that I have something similar in my stash. That was Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #26. It seems like MUFE is a tad darker, though it's hardly visible when swatched.
 Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #26
The Inglot one is definitely inferior  as far as quality is concerned. It's not as soft, I'd even say that the soft precision liner is on the hard side, which means tugging and pulling which I honestly hate. It also doesn't set, which means you may sheer it out but at the same time it's not smudge proof. I tried using it on my waterline but it irritated and dried my contact wearer's eyes and also it didn't last long there.

However, if you're on a budget and you need a cornflower liner Inglot might be your choice cause it costs a fraction of MUFE's price.  
 Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #26
Now on to some pictures which show both side by side.
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L vs Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #26
Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eyeliner #15L (left) Inglot Soft Precision Eyeliner #26 (right)

Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment