Thursday 7 July 2011

ELF Studio Matte Lip Color in Praline (review + swatches)

ELF Studio Matte Lip Color in Praline
Ups, I did it again! Just couldn't resist ordering some stuff from ELF! And I feel I did the right thing as I find all the goods I ordered highly satisfactory. So here's the review of Matte Lip Colour in Praline.



Matte Lip Color is something between a lip pencil and a long-lasting dry lipstick. It looks like the screw-to-sharpen kind of lip pencil, just slightly thicker. And this is its major advantage, cause it makes the product versatile. You can use it as a lip pencil as it has a precise tip with which you may encircle your lips, and its big enough to easily cover your lips like a lipstick.
The product has a lovely matte finish and in terms of texture it's closer to lipsticks than lip pencils. It's creamy and does not have the tendency to dry out. Lasts for a couple of hours, then it begins to fade. It doesn't have any particular smell, but it tastes sweet. 
worn alone
The colour itself is a gorgeous milky chocolate brown, perhaps with a hint of rosy and beige shades. Before I bought it I was looking for swatches on the net and it seemed the least popular colour. I don't understand why. It looks lovely, it's the darker kind of nude, the kind of colour which shows when you are wearing it but in a subtle way (I don't really get the point of wearing totally natural nudes, why wear make-up and then pretend you're not wearing it?). I guess the only reason for the low popularity of this shade is that browns are sort of out of fashion now, most people love pinks.
The colour seems very similar to ELF Mineral Lipstick in Rustic Brick, but I can't really compare them cause my mother owns Rustic Brick and she absolutely loves it. It's such a flattering colour for her complexion. Anyway from what I remember they seem pretty similar.

And if you don't like the matte look, you may always combine it with a lip gloss (not necessarily a clear one as in the picture below). In one stroke you may achieve a different look!

combined with ELF mineral lip gloss in Crystal Clear
EDIT: This is my first ELF product which has turned out faulty. The lipstick itself became unstuck from the packaging. I tried to stick it back, but this didn't work. Now it turns around inside its case making the application highly troublesome.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete