Monday 25 July 2011

Rouge Dior Creme de Gloss in 845 (review + swatches)


I've had this gloss for quite a while now and for some reason unknown I've forgotten to review it and it's one of my favourites.
This gloss belongs to my favourite group of lip products i.e. liquid lipstick. Liquid lipsticks are sold in little tubes with wand applicators (like glosses) but the intensity of colour is closer to that of a lipstick. They are also non-sticky, long lasting, but their shine is not as glass-like as in the case of glosses. 
This particular one fits in this category perfectly. It's easy to apply, the colour applies evenly, it stays on lips for a long time, though the colour tends to fade and change the hue from bloodred into something slightly dark pinkish.  
I bought it to experiment with red colour. I thought a gloss would be a much safer option than a lipstick and this was a good decision. It encouraged me to wear red.  Now I possess a number of red lipsticks and glosses, each of different undertone and hue and this one remains one of my favourites.

If I could just make one comment  it would be that in spite of the fact that it's packed in a clear bottle you can't see how much product is left. I guess it's so dense that it clings to the walls of the bottle instead of flowing downwards.
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment