Thursday 21 July 2011

MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinishes in Rose Quartz, Crystal Pink and Pearl

MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinishes in Rose Quartz, Crystal Pink and Pearl
I bought these skinfinishes on a whim. This is the first time I've been using MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes and I'm not that certain if I needed so many, especially that Pearl and Crystal Pink may look different on swatches, but they are fairly similar when applied. One of them could definitely be skipped, probably I should have given Crystal Pink a miss, but these situations are unavoidable when doing internet shopping.

 I'll try to review  these together as I see no point doing that separately. The differences in colour are visible on the swatches. The skinfinishes from the Semi-precious collection combine a number of different colours, the outer circle dominates the overall shade, while the patch in the centre consists of different colours ranging from beige to dark brown or green. At first I thought this double-shade was just a gimmick, as it often happens that in reality they are impossible or very inconvenient to use separately (eg. this was the case with Diorskin Nude compact foundation), but to my surprise it's more than possible to use them separately. The colours in the swatches differ much from one another, but in fact these are heavy swatches, when the colours are applied more thinly they no longer differ that much (of course the rosy one stands out). They leave a nice sheen on the cheeks, I suppose I'll use them much more often in the autumn and winter cause with the tropical humid weather like today I'm glowing like a glitterball with no fancy enhancements.

These skinfinishes are really soft, making the application truly effortless. They provide a sheer sheen rather than colour. They seem to contain some rather chunky glitter, especially Rose Quartz and Crystal Pink, but it's so fine and light that the brush sends it floating in all directions. And thank goodnes, I prefer sheen over glitter.

Mineralize Skinfinishes are very nice face products, but I can't understand why anyone would need more than two or three of these. Since you need very little I suppose they are practically inexhaustible. And because the layer is very sheer one shade (probably the most neutral one) should be enough to match any kind of make-up.  I'm glad I've satisfied my craving for Mineralize Skinfinishes, now I can focus on other fabulous MAC products.

MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinish in Pearl


MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinish in Pearl (left to right: outer circle, centre, both swirled together) 

MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinish in Rose Quartz


MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinish in Rose Quartz (left to right: outer circle, centre, both swirled together) 

MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinish in Crystal Pink


MAC Semi-precious collection: Mineralize skinfinish in Crystal Pink (left to right: outer circle, centre, both swirled together) 
 
Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment