Monday 25 July 2011

MAC eyeshadows in Phloof! and Brule (review + swatches)


MAC eyeshadows in Phloof! (left) and Brule (right)


I've just added Brule to my collection of highlights and I thought I'd review it together with Phloof! as they seem fairly similar to me. I must say I had really hard time trying to choose the right one for myself. The differences in shades are sometimes indiscernible to my eye. After lots of swatching I finally decided on Brule.

Brule is described as soft creamy beige with satin finish and I find this description highly adequate. As you can see from the swatch below the colour is very discreet and very opaque. A single layer made my freckles disappear! I think it can be used to even out the colour of the eyelid actually better than as a highlight. To my surprise this shade melts into my own shade and remains invisible on my brow bone. I say to my surprise cause my skin has pink undertone and I thought beige would stand out discreetly, but no. I guess I should have bought Yoghurt or Gesso, I'm not sure. The finish is satin, but if I didn't know that I would rather think it's matte.
Phloof! is described as frosted off-white with frost finish, but to me it seems closer to beige than to white. Of course frost finish adds this white sheen, but the base colour is beige. Phloof! is a very nice highlight, which brightens up the brow bone with whitish sheen. Iam sure it will flatter any skin tone. Due to its finish it adds a kind of night out character to make up, that's why I set out to find a nice, less sparkly highlight to wear on everyday occassions.

Both shadows, like most MAC eyeshadows, are very good quality, creamy in texture, non-crumbly and smooth. They apply and blend well, producing no fallout.
MAC eyeshadows in Phloof! (left) and Brule (right)



Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment