Wednesday 6 July 2011

I said Yes To Carrots: Moisturising Night Cream

I took a massive advantage from the sale at Sephora and decided to give this funny sounding brand a try. For around £10 (instead of 20)  it was reasonably affordable. Packed with Dead Sea minerals and other natural goodies it promised to moisturise normal to dry skin during the night.
The cream is retailed in a plastic tube with a pump, not particularly classy, but definitely very hygenic, and you can see how much product is left in the tube, which is good. The smell is not particularly encouraging, sort of vegetable-like. The consistency is rather thick and not that easy to distribute.
As to the results I'm not sure what to say. I normally have combination skin, but some time ago I suffered some minor allergic reaction to the sun (weird, cause there's no sun this summer) and the rash has gone leaving horrible dry patches and roughness on my forehead. So I thought I needed a good moisturiser. This cream was supposed to be the one. To my surprise a few minutes after the application my skin is completely dry and tense, I feel the urge to reapply the cream. This is a night cream, but for me it would make an excellent base for make-up.  My skin is not typically dry and I wonder how those with really dry skin must feel after using the cream. But in spite of this discomfort connected with my skin feeling tense and not moisturised enough, when I wake up in the morning my skin looks and feels... well... good!  When I wash my face in the morning I can feel a very nice film on my skin. Perhaps this is how this cream works!

As to the repurchase, I'm not absolutely sure. I like to change things, I stay faithful only to the things I really like, therefore I don't really know. It's not bad, but the price tag is rather high for the product about which I have mixed feelings.


Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment