Monday 4 July 2011

Givenchy: Phenomen'eyes mascara in Poetique (no.4 grey lavender limited edition)


Givenchy: Phenomen'eyes mascara in Poetique
 I'd  been circling around this product for a long time before giving it a chance. I suppose I would never have bought it if the price wasn't reduced to the level of drugstore products. Unfortunately the only shade available was pearly grey, which is nice, but I guess spoils the real effect of the mascara. The look is much less dramatic due to the soft shade of the mascara. I mention the dramatic look cause the mascara indeed does work wonders. The applicator is a spiky ball, which makes it possible to apply mascara at all angles, reaching all the unaccessible areas. What is more it covers lashes one by one from the bottom to the top, making them look longer and more curled.   

the innovative applicator


The effect is particularly noticeable on my lower lashes, which never seemed so long before. Unfortunately there is one drawback of this applicator. It's really small, covers 3-4 lashes at a time so it takes a lot of time to do your eyes. So if you live in a hurry, always come late to work, stay away from this mascara, cause it's gonna steal another 10 minutes of your time.

The formula of the mascara is really nice, I haven't noticed any smudges or flaking. One coat is enough for good coverage, but if you're looking for something more intense, you may add more coats.

I'm not sure whether I'll repurchase. I like the effect, though it's a bit too time consuming. It's fine for the time being, while I stay at home, but when I return to work I'll need something easier to handle.


and this is how it looks




Disclaimer: I bought the product myself for my personal use and I am not affiliated with any company. I am not paid to do this review and everything I said here is my genuine opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment